Monday, August 16, 2010

My Hubby's Birthday!



Today is my husbands birthday. Sadly, I usually don't make him a card. Why? You might ask yourself? And, I really don't have a good reason. But, this year I took on the challenge, and am so glad that I did!

I absolutely love the way this card turned out. It has that vintage look but still looks modern!

I began with a chipboard frame. I used my Craft Stampin' Spots to color it up. Then I added some of the new Vintage brads. I do love them! I did the background by coloring my Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder with Bravo Burgundy ink and running it through the Big Shot.

The image is from Countryside. I water colored it with my aqua painters and markers. I have finally mastered the water coloring with markers. I hope to do more of this in the near future. I struggled with water coloring for a long while, but seem to have it down now!



Here is a close up of the tag and brad! It just looks so neat!! Well, here is to my husband! I hope that you have a great day!

No comments: