Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Next Baby Afghan.


Here is my second attempt at a baby blanket. The first one came out cute, but you could tell that it was my first one! This second one is coming out perfectly. I am amazed at how quickly it can come together after just learning to crochet! This yarn was the yarn that I picked out initially, when I thought that I would teach myself to crochet. But, it is fuzzy and has a texture to it. And, it is finer than "regular" yarn. It didn't work at first. But, when I completed my first afghan I thought I would give this yarn a try again. And, wa-la! It works beautifully. I have enough yarn to make two in this shade. Then, I have to make a pink one for a baby girl that will be born to close family friends in May!

I recommend that anyone wishing to try to crochet to simply go for it! It is so fun and rewarding to see a project come together. My husband and sons are even impressed with my work!

Have a great day!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kerilou said...

What a beautiful work of art! You have inspired me to try this!!
You are rockin with the crochet!
Keri